These words sound good, but Biblically I can show you they are true.
Turn in your Bible to 2 Corinthians 5:1-18
1. Old things are passed away and all things are become new.
(Verse 16 says “henceforth” meaning from this time forward.)
2. We are now the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
3. He is no longer holding things that have been put under the blood against us.
4. How do we put things under the blood of Jesus?
a. You repent of your sins. True repentance is not just crocodile tears and sorrow because you were caught doing wrong. It is making an about face turn from sin and walking the other way. (Matthew 3:2, Matthew 3:8, Matthew 4:17, Acts 2:38, 2 Corinthians 7:9, 10, 11)
b. Water baptism in the Name of Jesus Christ is for the washing away of sin. If you haven’t been baptized Biblically, consider it. (Acts 2:38, Acts 2:41, Acts 16:15, Acts 22:16, 1 Peter 3:21)
c. The infilling of the Holy Spirit which gives us the resurrection power of Jesus Christ living on the inside of us also gives us power to:
1. Witness (Acts 1:8)
2. Overcome sin (1 John 5:4)
3. Be raised from death unto life with Jesus Christ (John 5:24, Romans 5:21, 2 Corinthians 2:16, 1 John 3:14, Romans 8:11)
Regardless of your current lifestyle or whatever things you have done in the past the Bible says that becoming a Christian according to what the Bible teaches is a brand new life.
Dana Klein, Pastor, Acadian Lighthouse Church of Jesus Christ 337-517-3954
Apostolic Theological Seminary, Inc.
Lafayette, Louisiana, USA 337-517-1248 Cell 337-330-2037 Landline email@example.com